Friday, August 8, 2008

Where in the world is Barbara??!!

Whew! What a summer! It has definitely been a summer of travel for me. It started in May with Lynn and I taking a cruise to Alaska to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. (Yes that's right, our TWENTIETH!!) We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back again! This is the only picture we got of our zipline adventure over Ketchikan before the battery went dead on the camera. See my red helmet.... Trust me though, it was awesome.


Next was girls camp in June. Being a stake leader is a whole new ballgame from a ward leader though. I loved, loved loved working with Kim and Natie, all the other leaders and of course the girls. We had an amazing experience and I think it will be a camp many of them will remember for years to come. (More on MY personal experience there in another post though).


After a week home from camp (which was not nearly enough time to recover) the family took off for Washington DC. We spent 10 amazing days in our nations capitol and Pennsylvania. I'm pretty sure we walked almost as far as the pioneers did on their trek west, but thankfully our shoes held up well and we only had a few blisters and some sunburns to show for our troubles. The kids were great about all the museums and monuments and I actually think they learned something.
I'd have to say though that the highlight was the fireworks on the National Mall on the 4th of July! We sat right under the Washington Monument and saw a VERY impressive fireworks display. Getting back to the hotel on the Metro that night was an adventure in and of itself....let's just say we were very relieved to all make it back to our hotel in one piece!Then it was home for three days--just long enough to do some laundry and pack again for Ecuador!

And finally after a week at home again Lynn, Jeremy, Jacob and I took off for sunny So. California. What a blast that was! Swimming, playing video games and eating at Steve and Becky's Resort, Disneyland, a trip to the beach for some uber-fun boogey boarding, California Adventure and Downtown Disney all crammed into four days makes for a lot of fun, and some very sleep deprived people!

So for now I am home.

Well, I did say "for now"!

4 comments:

Ninny said...

SO good to see that you are blogging. Your experience in Equador makes me want to go and experience it myself! How awesome!

MaryBeth said...

Holy cows! I think my summer vacation consisted of as many movies as places you traveled! How fun for you and your family :)

joywinn said...

I love reading about your adventures, Bobbi! When I was 12, I remember visiting DC and seeing the fireworks at the mall on the 4th. It is something you never forget! I remember it taking HOURS before we made it back home through the crowds.
You are giving your children some incredible memories. They are so blessed.

Melinda said...

What a FUN summer!