Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've got a fever!

Olympic fever that is. It's hit our house in epidemic proportions.

You know how one person always gets it first, then lovingly shares with everyone else-well, apparently I was the culprit this time. It all started with that impressive opening ceremony. Then there was that Michael Phelps kid. Too bad he can't swim---he might have amounted to something if he could. By the time Michael swam for his second gold medal it was starting to infect the rest of the family. We were all down by medals three, four, five.....you get the picture.

Then we got hit with the second wave--gymnastics. Team, mens, womens, all-around....we couldn't escape it. It kept us up all hours of the night. We started talking about people we don't even know as though they were our personal friends.....you know Bob, Bella, Michael, Misti, Nadia, Shannon, Hugh. They are all coming for dinner next week.

I actually thought we might be starting to recover when one of the kids checked the listings and we all started feeling it again....Track and Field. Pass the asprin, and get down, your head is in the way of the screen!! I might miss another World Record.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Bobbi, I'm not quite as bad as you. I'm recording all the olympics then watch it the next day while Tatiana is napping. That way I only watch the good stuff and not the commercial and interview crap ;)

Marissa said...

I am addicted too! It is wonderful. I hope it never ends...wait I do need to sleep again. :)

Kimberly T. said...

Lol, loved this post! I've gotten addicted, too, like I never thought I would either.

Inalynn said...

Bobbi, you crack me up. I know how you feel. I didn't watch all of it, but when I would turn it on "just to check" I would get sucked in.