Nine months tends to be a significant number. We wait nine months for the arrival of our little ones. They attend school nine months a year. It has always seemed like such a long period of time. But just the other day I pinned a name tag on my missionary and sent him off into the wilds of South America. At the time I didn't think I would ever make it a month, let alone two years. But all of a sudden I woke up one morning and realized it has been NINE MONTHS. I know I was pregnant waaaayyyy longer than it has been since I hugged him good-bye. But he's doing what he loves and he always tells me that he wouldn't want to be anywhere else, and you know, I wouldn't want him to be anywhere else either.
I just might make it the whole two years after all.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Nine months
Posted by Bobbi at 6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
If he were a sister he'd be half way done!
Bobbi, you are such a wonderful mom for a raising a son who is worthy to serve. You are awesome...I totally dig you ;)
SERIOUSLY??? I can't believe it has been that long already either. Before you know it he will be home. Wow!
9 months no way. Wahoo almost 1 year down. Hes a great example to all!
At least your nine months hasn't come with nausea, walking funny, gaining weight and not being able to sleep on your stomach! As marybeth said; I totally dig you too!
I LOVE that picture of him walking away with his bags.
I would have just lost it then.
It seems like yesterday that you were sending him off! Your ds is just so handsome in his suit...I'm so glad to see that pic of the two of you together (you look just like my sil, btw...I always look twice when I see a pic).
You are a wonderful mom.
Bobbi, I cannot believe it has been 9 months he will be home before you know it. you are such a wonderful Mom and like MaryBeth and Queen Bee I sure do Dig you. :)
Post a Comment