Friday, August 1, 2008

Well how about that!

Here I am lost in cyberspace--I'm not sure how I got here, but while I'm here I guess I'll just add a post. I am pretty new to this blogging thing, but it looks like fun. I don't know why anyone would want to read my musings, but here they are, in all their glory.

My trip to Ecuador really prompted me to start this site. I wanted a place to put my pictures, thoughts and feelings so that I could share it with others and visit it myself when I am getting 'homesick' for Otavalo. This picture is one of my very favorites. I met this little angel the first time I went out to deliver donations. She came up and wrapped her arms around my legs and just hugged me. She started chatting away to me in Spanish, which of course I can only understand "bano" and "Gracias"--you know, the really important stuff. But she didn't care that I didn't understand her. She had something important to tell me.

She was so sweet and followed me around so I gave her a tootsie roll and then she just HAD to show it to me, while she was eating it of course. This picture is her trying to get me to see her "chocolate" (which by the way is the MOST important word to know in any language!). I just wanted to take her home with me. I look at this picture everyday and know that this face is what will get me back to Ecuador.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

YAY Bobbi joined the world of blogging!

I look forward to reading and seeing more of your experiences while in Equador :)

Marissa said...

This is a great way to keep in touch with us all too since you aren't CAM'ing as much.
I love it.

kathy said...

Ok I;ll have to get with it now. I've never blogged yet.
you inspired me.
Loved to see your comments as well as your pictures.
I thought Lindsay's bucket photo's were the place to be, not I discovered there are 2 sites.
We just can't get used to our heat 106 today.
muggy
Hepner's