It used to be that when I was in public with my little ones in tow I often got the inevitable comments. "Are they ALL yours?" "My, you have your hands full." "Are you going to have any more?" Now these days I have the luxury of going out in public all by myself. Even leisurely wandering the aisles of the grocery store taking time to compare prices and nutritional value. However the comments haven't stopped--they've only changed. "Is that milk on sale?" "Do you freeze that?" "You should get a cow."
I usually buy milk 6 to 8 gallons at a time. It might last us a week. We can easily go through one and a half gallons a day, two in the summertime. It's a rare shopping trip when someone doesn't make a comment about the quantity of milk in my cart. So, "No, it's not on sale, but I sure wish it was." "I haven't tried freezing it--it wouldn't thaw fast enough for my brood." And, "Yes, we should look into getting a cow, but somehow I don't think the neighbors would like the smell."
But we've been raising kids for nearly 20 years now and haven't had one broken bone.
Got milk?
Monday, September 8, 2008
Same song, second verse.
Posted by Bobbi at 12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy crap! That is a lot of milk :)
LOL, that is a lot of milk!
So far, two of us here only drink milk with cereal.
Really hoping not to ever buy that much milk in a week.
We go through about 4 1/2 gallons a week...you are the first one I know to have us beat! Wow!
haha LOL that is great. Don't you love people and their big mouths.
Post a Comment