We need new carpet in our living room. Really NEED it. So I have been trying for the past two months to make a decision. Lynn isn't really helpful here since he's color blind so it's really up to me. Not that I don't have any shortage of opinions around here, but really, just how much say do pre-teen boys get in the decorating of the home. Not too much.
So I bring in carpet samples. Berber, plush, textured, patterned. I stand them up along the wall. I stand them up along the couch. I lay them down in sunlight, in artificial light, in lamp light. I look at them from one side of the room, then the other. Then I make a decision--at least I think I've made a decision until Lynn makes a comment like, "We better pick something we really like since we are going to have it for 20 years." Am I ready for that kind of commitment??!! I mean I've kept him for 20 years, but can I do the same with a piece of fiber on my floor? Sheesh.
Maybe we'll just go with the bare concrete look. It's becoming vogue, right?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Decisions, decisions....
Posted by Bobbi at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wood Barbara, go wood!
Kathy
My head is getting ready to explode just reading about this! God speed.
That is a big commitment with no other outside opinions. That has got to be stressful. Good Luck ;)
Why does he think it is going to last twenty years. The carpet you are replaceing didn't.
Loling about the 20 years comment! Good luck with your decision!
It is carpet. If you don't like it when you get different furniture it can be replaced also.
Post a Comment