Friday, September 5, 2008

I am so blessed

Every once in awhile you just have one of those days of pure contentment and that allows you to reflect on just how blessed you are. I am having one of those this morning. It's funny too because I didn't have a good night. I ended up sleeping propped up on the couch because of my allergy cough so I am pretty tired. But this morning was so nice. The kids were all cheerful and got ready for school with minimal prodding. Jacob was thrilled that the tooth fairy remembered to bring him money for his teeth (he lost two teeth in two days). Truthfully that in itself was pretty darn miraculous. Our family has the most lame tooth fairy in the world. I'm sure there have been times when she has slacked off for weeks if not months. But I digress.

I just have a total feeling of contentment this morning and wanted to write it out. I am married to my best friend. I live in the most amazing country in the world. I have beautiful, healthy, happy children who are growing into very nice people. I really like them. I have parents and family who love and support me. I have great friends. Life is good.

I realize how easy it is to take it all for granted. We really do spend much of our time trying to get more or be more, or complaining about what we wish we could change. But this morning I wouldn't change a thing. Not one. I really am so blessed.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I am so glad you are having a great day. I love those grateful moments too it helps to see things in such a different perspective.

joywinn said...

I really needed to read this today, Bobbi. Thank you so much.

Ninny said...

We have the same tooth fairy at our house. I just tell the kids that she is a crazy and if they are patient she might find their teeth one of these days. Now I just have the older kids remind the tooth fairy! That helps!