Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That Was a Great Idear!

We went to Bahston. We pahked the cah and even took our umbrellers just in case it rained in Hahvahd Yahd.
First stop was Lexington and Concord, well after a stop at Walmart for umbrellers...
Despite the rain, and getting there after the visitors centers were closed, we still enjoyed seeing the sites.
Even got to go by the house my mom spent much of her childhood in. I think the current owners were wondering if they should call the police on the crazy stalkers in the front yard.

A new day brought sunshine and beautiful weather for our trip into Boston.
I love US history so Boston is a favorite. We took the guided tour of the Freedom Trail, and our tour guide was none other than Rachel Revere, Paul's wife!
What's a trip to Boston without some clam chowder?
Then we wandered through the Boston Commons where we waded in Frog Pond
We fed the ducks in the Public Gardens, rode the swan boats and of course visited the Make Way for Ducklings statues. (a personal favorite of mine).

Check out that adorable little duckling bringing up the tail end.

Then it was off to Cambridge to visit Harvard.



Not sure what this had to do with anything Harvard(ish) but it sure was cute...

And one last stop to visit the church on Longfellow where my mom attended.
It was a great trip. I'm glad I got to take Heidi there before she heads back to school in a few weeks. It's been fun to have her here and have a reason to play tourist for awhile. I'm glad Boston is so close so that we can visit often. Can't wait to go back with Lynn and the boys. So much to see.



0 comments: