Today we had the missionaries over for dinner. One of the elders had just been transferred here yesterday from Manhattan. We discussed the I'm a Mormon campaign going on in Times Square and around NYC, which has increased recently due to the Broadway musical, "The Book of Mormon". Of course it has prompted a lot of interest in the church, and so our stake has been active in discussing it and the impact. They gave us some pass along cards with "I'm a Mormon" on them and encouraged us to use them when we have friends who have questions about the church. I think it's an exciting time to be in New England and look forward to the conversations we might have about the church.
We went on a little adventure today to Ridgefield CT, which is about 10 miles away. It has the most adorable Main Street, and old colonial town feel. We just wandered around poking in the shops, stopped for some pizza and then headed back home.
This week has mostly been running errands, getting kids enrolled in school, shopping, and trying not to get irretrievably lost. So far so good.
Sunday Lynn leaves for his Annual Accounting meetings in Denver, then next Friday the boys fly to Denver to meet him for their trip to Philmont. In all that means I won't see him for another two weeks. Maybe I'm crazy, (well of course I am crazy) but I kind of like being in the same state as my husband.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
"I'm a Mormon"
Posted by Bobbi at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment