Momma always told me that some day I was 'gonna burn if I didn't shape up'. Well, this morning it happened. Our church caught on fire. I'm pretty sure it was because of me and my attitude this morning about teaching nursery. Not that I don't love nursery--cause I really, truly do. It's just that my back is still really hurting and my very best assistant wasn't going to be there.
So I guess those supposedly 'empty threats' your mom used to make are more true than not.
Be afraid....be very afraid.
Just fyi, it was a small electrical fire and happened early this morning before the church was full of people. There was no real damage but because of the smoke we won't be holding meetings. We are trying to apply the scriptures to our lives in this experience.... and there "was much rejoicing heard throughout the land", and "in everything give thanks".
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Apparently it's true!
Posted by Bobbi at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow! I'm glad it was caught and no one was hurt.
I'm glad everyone was OK
Nursery will do that to ya!
Glad things are okay and lol!
Rick wishes he was in your ward ;)
I am so happy that noone was hurt.
now you can smack me later for saying this but was everyone rejoicing because they got the day off of Church? :) I know I am bad but I just had to say it. :)
That is absolutely why we were rejoicing!! :)
The arsons were to be were in California not Texas, right?
Glad it was small (silver lining).
I don't want anyone to have the impression that it was arson--it was purely electrical. (I know you were kidding Libby, just want to clarify.)
I'm glad it wasn't too bad, but yeah for a day off!
How come you have all the luck? (No, wait, I did get to miss Church in Hawaii in 2006 because of an earthquake, so I guess it's alright this time. ;)
Post a Comment